Office: 01344 771626
Motor Trade: 01271 349790

Shop Insurance

Shop insurance policies offer specialist cover for retail businesses that run a dedicated commercial property. These include independent and multisite shops in all retail sectors, as well as hotels, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Shop insurance covers risks to your premises, products or customers, as well as risks to 3rd parties arising from your business.

The shop insurance policies we offer at Crowthorne incorporate a range of different covers under one convenient policy. Specific cover can be tailored to the type of business you operate, on flexible terms and at premiums that fit in with your budget.

What Does Shop Insurance Cover?

Shop insurance usually includes the following policies:

  • Public liability insurance – to protect you against claims for injury or damage to property while on your premises. Cover includes legal expenses, medical bills, compensation claims etc. 
  • Products liability insurance – to cover you for claims for damage or injury caused by products you sell or supply.
  • Buildings Insurance – protecting the fabric of your building. This applies if you own your shop. If you are a tenant the building will be covered by your landlord’s buildings insurance policy. Some policies protect only against partial damage through fire or electrical fault (for example), while other policies accommodate the risk of complete destruction, involving a total rebuild of the shop.
  • Business disruption – insurance to cover wages, lost income, replacement stock and additional overheads if your business was forced to stop trading.
  • Contents/stock insurance – covering all movable assets in your shop, including EPOS systems, stock, computers, furniture etc.

Additional Features

Our shop insurance policies can be customised with additional features as required. Common options include:

  • Legal expenses – additional cover to protect you against legal fees when involved with action against a third party.
  • Loss of licence insurance – special cover safeguarding against loss of income should you lose a licence to sell alcohol or offer live music at your venue.
  • Frozen stock insurance – covers freezers and commercial refrigerators, as well as their contents.

Request a Free Quote

For a free quote on shop insurance for your business, please get in touch with one of our advisers today. You can call us on 01344 771626, or request a call back by using our online contact form.

Opening Times:

Crowthorne Office:
Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 8.30am – 2.30pm

Devon Office:
Monday - Friday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 1pm