Office: 01344 771626
Motor Trade: 01271 349790

Restaurants and Cafes Insurance

Why will I need restaurant Insurance?

If you have a restaurant this will normally be your source of income and insurance will protect you from losing this in the event of a fire or an employee suing you for injury at work or even worse being sued for food poisoning by a client.

How can I obtain a restaurant insurance quotation?

You can either complete the callback form and one of our experienced members of staff will call you back and obtain the information required, then provide you with a quotation or call us on 0844 2098310 and speak to a member of staff who will be able to provide you with a restaurant insurance quotation.

Can I insure the building that my restaurant is in?

If you own the building that the restaurant or café is in then you are able to obtain cover for buildings insurance as part of your restaurant package.

Can I insure the contents of my restaurant?

The contents of your restaurant will be a large outlay for your business so covering yourself against the loss of these items will be important. Insurers will allow you to insurer these as fixture and fittings on your restaurant policy.

Will I need insurance for anyone that I employ?

If you employ anyone to work or run your restaurant then it is a legal requirement to have employers liability insurance in place. Most restaurant policies will allow you to add this to the policy and will insurer you for a minimum of £5 million pounds in the event of one of your employees getting injured at work, this will cover any legal costs and compensation your restaurant is required to pay.

Can I get insurance for my stock on a restaurant policy?

You can insure the stock that your restaurant holds in the event of them being stolen or destroyed, this will cover all the food on the premises and any beverages that you own.

Can I insure my restaurant for loss of licence and interruption in my business?

Most insurers will allow you to add cover for loss of licence and business interruption to your restaurant insurance; other covers that are also normally available include goods in transit and loss of money from the premises. Cover against deterioration of stock can also be arranged for your frozen foods. Usually wines, spirits and tobacco are insured but need to be separately specified.

Can I pay for my restaurant insurance by instalments?

Yes, we offer a variety of instalment plans and are happy to spread the cost of your restaurant insurance please ask one of our advisors for more information.

Opening Times:

Crowthorne Office:
Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 8.30am – 2.30pm

Devon Office:
Monday - Friday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 1pm