Office: 01344 771626
Motor Trade: 01271 349790

Road Risks Insurance

Here at Crowthorne Insurance we have a whole office dedicated solely to Motor Trade Insurance making us one of the UK's largest independent brokers. As a broker we work closely with our clients and insurers to delivery the perfect package at a competitive price.

What is the difference between normal Car Insurance and Motor Trade Insurance?

Normal car insurance only covers private cars owned by the proposer for personal use. Motor Trade on the other hand can allow the proposer and named drivers social, domestic and pleasure use for owned cars and motor trade use for customers vehicles. Motor trade insurance can only be taking out by genuine clients that make an income through the motor trade i.e vehicle sales, mechanic or a breakdown recovery agent. Proof of trading such as invoices or sales receipt can be asked for at any time to verify the policy is valid.   

What are the types of cover available for Motor Trade Insurance?

There are two main types of motor trade insurance; road risk and combined policies. Road Risk covers vehicles on the road and at the home address of the proposer, allowing you to trade legally. Combined policies will cover the road risk and cover at the business premises including but not limited to; vehicles and tool on the premises, material damage and public liability. 

What age do I have to be for motor trade insurance? 

Most motor trade policies have a minimum age of 25 for proposers but a depending on experience a small handful of insurers will take on motor traders younger. 

If I have a driving offence or criminal conviction can I still get motor trade insurance? 

Yes, at Crowthorne Insurance we understand everyone has a past and do our upmost to help convicted drivers gain motor trade insurance where otherwise unattainable. For major driving convictions i.e drink driving, dangerous driving or driving without insurance we have a specialist scheme that will help you get back on the road as soon as possible. Any criminal convictions can hinder the ability to gain a motor trade quote but here at Crowthorne Insurance we see things differently and work with our clients to rehabilitate them, therefore allowing them to continue trading.  

How do I obtain a Motor Trade Insurance quotation?

To obtain a quote for Motor Trade insurance simply fill out our online form or give the Motor Trade office a direct call on 01271 349790.

Can I pay for my Motor Trade Insurance policy in instalments?

Yes, after a deposit is paid we offer a wide range of payment options to help you find affordable insurance. 

Opening Times:

Crowthorne Office:
Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 8.30am – 2.30pm

Devon Office:
Monday - Friday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 1pm